Wednesday, December 14, 2005

J.N. Williamson dies

I was sad to open an e-mail from my buddy Wayne this morning and learn that Jerry Williamsom had passed away on Dec. 8 in a nursing home. He was known to most readers as J.N. Williamson and was one of those astonishingly prolific authors as well as editor of the Masques horror anthologies.

A friend who lived near his Indiana stomping grounds once told me his hometown newspaper had set a special interval for articles about his books because there were so many.

Brief meeting
I think it was at a World Horror Convention in Nashville--though conventions and hotel lobbies run together--that I sat with him and some other friends and chatted a while in the lobby about books we'd liked or tales we wanted to tell.

I've read many of his books over the years and have a few in my personal stacks that I have yet to get around to. Ironically he popped into my mind the other day and I wondered how he was doing.

Some of my favorites of his books are Noonspell and Brotherkind, an aliens among us thriller. I didn't know until the e-mail that Wayne's featured fictionally in Noonspell as a cop who's killed off.

More information

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...