Saturday, July 30, 2005

Type 'o Blog

In her presentation on blogs at Web Design World in Seattle Molly E. Holzschlag discussed mixing professional and personal blogging, an interesting discussion.

I've always considered both my Opera Journal and now this blogspot an eclectic blog. Sometimes I'm serious, sometimes whimsical, sometimes contemplative -- isn't everyone? (OK, not everyone, but I'm talking here about people leading examined lives.)

Tales from the Dark Side
At the height of publishing horror fiction, people used to ask Christine what I was like. "Is he really dark?"

No, sometimes I'm surprised by how upbeat people think I am, although often not laugh-out-loud funny because people tend to get my jokes later, like when they see the movie I was referencing on HBO. I guess quips can just be a riddle wrapped in a mystery.

Life's not all bad, and it's not all good. I once had a lady at a book signing tell me she couldn't buy a copy of one of my young adult novels for her grandkids unless she knew it had a happy ending. Sorry, lady, no one can always promise that.

Life has many textures. So do my moods, so maybe mine is a textured blog. :-)


0% passive sentences - victory.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...