Thursday, July 28, 2005

Stupid Things I Could Do Vol. 1

While I was kicking alongside the streetcar track on Alaskan Way toward our hotel one afternoon in Seattle, I had a flash of a stupid way I could get myself killed ...

Heading into the lobby - I reach the doorway at the same moment as a graying man a few years older than me in a loose-fitting casual shirt, dress slacks and loafers with a high shine.

We reach for the door at the same moment, words are exchanged, we both get a little red in the face and end the altercation with angry looks.

Later that day...
I'm lounging in my room watching local television news, since that's about all that's different from back-home television. There's a knock at the door. Thinking it's the maid asking if she can clean the room, I answer without checking the peep hole.

Instead, I'm greeted by a couple of guys in sunglasses and nice casual wear--not tee shirts with Jake the stick man from Life is Good, if you know what I mean.

They want to take me on a tour of Elliott Bay, capped off by a view of what's under the waves.

You just never know who you're talking to. Just pays to be nice when those little altercations occur, doesn't it.

Just a flash of imagination. Didn't really happen in case the fact that I'm typing this doesn't make that clear. :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...