Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Movies and Minions

It's hard not to be down these days, given the headlines. I've been going to the movies on Tuesdays to take advantage of the discounts on tickets and meals. 

I went to see Maxxxine yesterday. I thought it was good and nicely created the '80s cinematic feel. I'm not the first to say it reminded me of Angel

I saw X when going to the movies still seemed a little more dangerous and thought Ti West really did a lot to revamp and invert slasher tropes. Pearl was pretty interesting too and really did its own thing.

I didn't love Maxxine as much, but it was interesting and had some surprises and a lot of fun touches like the Psycho house. 

The theater's been a little more active of late with families taking in Inside Out 2 and Despicable Me 4. Glad to see the place getting some business, and they've been doing fun things like setting up photo op spots.

Yesterday they had a Minion on hand, bouncing around the halls as well. 

Before Maxxxine started, the Minion bopped into our theater to look around and give a big wave.

I gave a big wave back, and there was quite a bit of joy in that little bit of goofiness. 

Bolstered me to sit back and enjoy the film more than I might have. 

Thought this was an interesting poster, channeling maybe more '70s giallos like Torso maybe. The film's got a masked menace part of the time, so I guess that all fits. 

Maxxxine poster



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...