Friday, September 19, 2008

Meltdown One Liners

I know there's not much funny about what's going on, but a couple of one-liners hit me this a.m. Fortunately on the web, there are hyperlinks to Wikipedia that can replace rim shots, though I'll try for onomatopoeia.

"Looks like the financial bail out will arrive for the taxpayers CDO." Ba, dum - chussss.

"It appears Congress, the Fed and the Treasury spent the night in the tranches." Ba, dum - chussss.

Hope everyone is hanging in!

Addendum - 9-21-08
Conde Nast Portfolio is offering a slide show of editorial cartoons about the crisis under the heading "Laugh if You Can."

Addendum - 9-23-08
And more from Conde Nast: Financial One-Liner of the Day.

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

It's a little disconcerting to say the least.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't make me at all comfy, what with a newly purchased, mostly gutted house and the one breadwinner in this family being firmly entrenched in that lovely collapsed housing/construction market. Anyone got a box for me to live in?

Sidney said...

Hoping for the best for everyone.

Lana Gramlich said...

I think the best you're going to get out of me is nervous laughter at this point, to be honest.
Found out recently that Verizon (who'd already pulled my brother's pension out from under him,) recently merged w/another company to become the largest wireless provider in the US. He was a regional manager in the Southeastern divison, but they've shut the entire division down. He's 41 with a wife, 2 kids & now no job. Boycott Verizon. For me it's not just "business," it's personal.

Steve Malley said...

Intellectual humor: Dennis Miller's legacy lives on!

The housing crisis has hit NZ too, but for me it's been mostly good. I rent, so all those unsold homes on the market are driving rental prices down for me...

Sidney said...

Sorry to hear about your brother, Lana.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...