Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Biblioholic's Bookshelf: Search For A Dead Nympho - Sixties Noir

Paul W. Fairman was the founding editor of If magazine but left after only four issues, if Wikipedia is to be believed, anyway. This is a noir novel copyrighted 1967, about 10 years before his death. (I believe it's bound to be the same Paul W. Fairman, anyway.)

 It's published by Lancer Books, obviously, if you glance down a bit. That's an early imprint from the late Walter Zacharius, who went on to found Kensington Books. It was under Kensington's Pinnacle imprint that my novels originally appeared. Six degrees, I guess. I don't know that I knew that when I bought this years back. 




Further reading
Dead City, an earlier tale from Mr. Fairman and basis for the film Target Earth, now at Project Gutenberg 

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Lancer put out some very interesting books in their relatively short time.

Sidney said...

They really did, and I have quite a few because they used to sell remaindered copies 3-for-a-dollar at a local discount store when I was a kid.

Lana Gramlich said...

I love that title! *ROFL*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...