Thursday, November 13, 2008

What's on the Ipod? - Footprints in the Snow

I crossed paths on MySpace with Black Pharaoh of the metal/Gothic band,  The Old Ones, appropriately of Providence, R.I. 

On their profile page, the really eerie "Footprints in the Snow" was playing.

BP was kind enough to share an MP3 with me, which I promptly added to a playlist.

It's a Lovecraftian tune that speaks of an eerie, unsolved mystery, coiling forward from one generation to the next. The haunted persona proclaims:



"Sooner or later the moment will come
When together with my reason, I'll lose my life,
Fighting against that merciless ghost
Ominous whispers in the darkness"

It has the unsettling quality of "The Shadow Over Innesmouth." It's a concise and open ended short story set to music, and it pounds with some of the same menace of a favorite of mine, The Gothic Archies.

Drop by the profile and  check out the playlist which also includes: "Funeral Song," "Spirits" and "Hall of the Astral King."

They're great tunes to get you in the mood for writing scary stories. 
  




5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

This is right down my line so I'm heading over to check it out.

Lana Gramlich said...

There's totally something to be said for mood music, for any number of occassions!

Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

I will check this out. I love this sort of stuff. Whether it's Nox Arcanum or Metallica, or Alice Cooper..gimme something for that menacing soundtrack that flows through my mind

Miladysa said...

Ditto Charles :D

Steve Malley said...

Thanks for the tip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...