Sunday, April 02, 2006

OK, I'm not really into Death Cab for Cutie, but I am wearing my tie-dyed t-shirt as I write this

I think I'm a grup.

I've always known I'm a bit un-grown up for my age, but I didn't know I was part of a cultural phenomenon.

The New Yorker has identified a modern-day Peter Pan syndrome, and they're using the word grup from Star Trek TOS as the term-of-choice.

With a few variations, I think they're describing me. I guess it stands to reason that a lot of people who grew up with the same cultural reference points and influences are exhibiting the same behavior, but I was a bit elated to discover I'm not alone.

And it's a little exciting that a whole segment of the population is choosing a different approach to graying.

It's not your father's middle age.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...