Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Books I'm Really Enjoying - Touch the Dark

I'm glad I picked up Touch the Dark by Karen Chance. I was prompted to buy it because it was featured in a sampler at World Fantasy, and it's really an enjoyable read.

I've been reading a lot of thrillers lately, and sometimes I forget what a blast a fantasy can be, especially one that has a vampire Mafia, werewolves, clairvoyants and even a golem.

The story is told by Cassandra Palmer, the girl pictured on the cover, though the pentacle on her back is stretched out a little more.

She's fleeing Tony, a vampire mobster, but she also has killer magicians and much more on her plate. Happily, a sequel's due in the spring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this and liked the cover, but it made me think the book was, well, a "chick book." Glad to hear it's got some testosterone in it.

Sidney said...

It's a fantasy story told in a Sue Grafton voice. Definitely something guys can enjoy too.

SQT said...

I love this kind of stuff. I saw it at the bookstore the last time I was there, good to know it's worth picking up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...