Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Doctor Who for Halloween

There's a fabulous Dr. Who image on the BBC website, a publicity collage for the Tooth and Claw episode, which pits The Doctor against a werewolf.

There's a scientific explanation of course, but it's still a horror installment, and with its full moon and sprinting werewolf it makes a great Halloween season desktop.

To me the episode is an exceptional installment in the second season, and hopefully we'll see a rebroadcast before the 31st.

Season 2, now airing on The Sci Fi Channel has many scary moments. Just on was "School Reunion" with a guest shot by Buffy's Anthony Stewart head and some fabulous winged gargoyle type creatures.

I love winged gargoyle type creatures.

We still have Cybermen to come on Sci Fi and more monsters, possibly even the devil.

I can't wait!

3 comments:

Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

Some years I have a difficult time getting into the Halloween spirit. Maybe I'm disturbed by how popular culture and time have robbed the Frankenstein monster and Count Dracula of their innate ability to horrify. I suppose when a monster is relegated to a Sesame St. character and a face on a box of cereal, what can one expect.

Charles Gramlich said...

The movie "Gargoyles" was one of my favorite films in the old days. I'd love to see that again. I wonder if I could find a DVD of it anywhere.

Roslyn said...

It will not succeed as a matter of fact, that is what I consider.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...