Thursday, May 30, 2013

What's on the iPad? - Haunting Melissa



I think I maximized my viewing experience of the new app-based serial Haunting Melissa last night. I put in my ear plugs as I lay me down to sleep and I powered up the first installment. The lights were out, all else was quiet, and I was immersed.

The set up is generally familiar. We see things unfold through hand-held cameras and web chats.
The Melissa of the title is staying alone in a big, old house. There's a locked room, not sure what's in there. Voices and other strangeness abound, and Melissa and her friend begin to investigate. What could go wrong?

In spite of the familiarity, watched in total darkness, there were some eerie chills. I'm intrigued and waiting for installment two. That can be earned by a Facebook share, though I suppose future installments will come at a price. You wanna find out what happens, you must pay.

The project comes from New Edelstein, a producer on the The Ring and The Ring 2 and other projects, and it's well done. I think I will stick with it for a while.

I hope Part 2 arrives quickly. I want to see what happens next.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm having so much trouble with my flash player that I can't watch any videos it seems these days.

Sidney said...

I'm going to have to do a post about the headaches I'm having with the apps on my Blu Ray player speaking of technical difficulties.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...