Thursday, February 07, 2013

Louisiana Thriller Midnight Eyes - Audiobook Now Available


I was pleased to learn this week that the audiobook for my Louisiana-based thriller Midnight Eyes is now available.

It's narrated by A.C. Fellner, and you can get a great sample listen via the Amazon listing.

If you're not an Audible subscriber, you could actually get it free with their 30-day-trial offer, which you already know about if you've ever listened to a podcast.

 This book began as a dream I had once upon a time. In the dream, I imagined an FBI profiler walking down a hillside in his hometown to view a brutal crime scene. It was actually a nightmare I guess.

Somehow, in that dream, I knew that Wayland Hood was the son of the local sheriff, that he was an expert on serial killers and that the killings were some of the worst anyone involved had ever seen.

I tried to write it not long after that, but things didn't come together.

A few years later, after working a while as a reporter, covering crime scenes, talking to cops and watching how cops and reporters interacted, the dream came back to me.

The nucleus of a couple of real murder cases began to converge, and Wayland became a former FBI agent called back into service to help his estranged father.

The dream re-emerged. Investigators converged at a crime scene on the banks of the Red River, and Wayland walked down that hill to help out.

Also available on iTunes.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Cool. I've got it in ebook format, of course, and read it. Enjoyed it much.

I was happy when my Talera books came out in audio. Haven't seen whether they've been selling or not.

Sidney said...

It's a lot of fun to hear them. I think the sample on Amazon is a pretty nice segment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...