Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Biblioholic's Bookshelf: The Doomsday Bag - Sixties Espionage

This week's sort of a sequel to last week's Biblioholic's Bookshelf post.
During the sixties spy boom, Michael Avallone's fifties private eye Ed Noon began to get assignments from the president. This edition was one of the first Michael Avallone books I  found when I haunted used bookshops back in the day. It must have been a really popular entry in the series, because I saw in several shops after I bought it.

The Doomsday Bag by Michael Avallone


4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I never read a lot of the sixties spy boom books. I only started reading some of them probably in the 80s. there was some good stuff though.

Sidney said...

Yeah, I read spy novels a little more sporadically than other types myself. Definitely some fun titles out there, though.

Erik Donald France said...

I love it ~~! Spy Boom, indeed. The covers are groovy, too.

www.leon-3d.com said...

Thanks so much for the article, pretty useful data.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...