Thursday, May 18, 2006

Dirty Blond on the iPod

I have really been enjoying the audiobook version of Lisa Scottoline's Dirty Blond. It's a page-turner for the ear, narrated by Barbara Rosenblat. I zipped through almost the entire first half while painting my living room.

I guess painting and audio books are a good combination. I find it easy to hit a balance between a narrative and the focus on edging and rolling.

Centering on a newly robed Philadelphia judge, Cate Fante, the story begins with an interesting courtroom drama surrounding the rights to a successful television series then spins quickly to murder and much more.

Judge Fante has a self-destructive streak that leads her into casual and dangerous encounters with men, which soon puts both her professional and private life in turmoil.

I've never read Scottoline before, but I'm certainly interested in discovering more of her courtroom thrillers.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I need to get into audio books since I may soon be uping my commute time by half an hour a day. Gotta do something to pass the time, and this sounds like a possibility

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...