I did some early shots with fox holes and sandbags using a couple of Joes with molded hair probably when I was six or seven. These were probably taken toward the end of the time I played with G.I. Joes, and this cast was assembled with help from friends.
Doc and the fabulous five
As Doc Savage fans will notice it's an attempt to re-create the scene on the back of the Bantam paperbacks using action figures.
G.I. Joe with his tattered fatigue shirt is Doc Savage. The shot also stars:
- A G.I. Joe with a Captain Action head as Ham the attorney.
- The G.I. Joe sea adventurer as Johnny the archaeologist.
- An early Joe with lifelike hair as Renny the two-fisted engineer, wearing the sea adventurer's clothes it appears.
- Johnny West as Long Tom the electrician.
- Big Jim as Monk the chemist.